March/April 2011 Newsletter - A Quick Guide on Plastic MaterialsFriday, March 25, 2011
The Basics On Plastic MaterialsVariations of plastic materials can be confusing, leaving you feeling unsure about what is best for your needs. ClearBags carries several plastic materials that all serve a distinct purpose.
1. BOPP: Biaxially Oriented PolyPropylene is our most popular product material and is used to make our flap seal and PC bags. This is our most distinguished, high clarity, Crystal Clear product.
2. PP: PolyPropylene. (Used to make Crystal Clear Zip Bags.) These bags have the feel of common Poly Ethylene, but are superior in clarity.
3. PE: Poly Ethylene. PE is the most common and economical plastic material. It is the best option when buying based on price, and where high clarity is not essential.
4. PLA: Poly Lactic Acid, known as our Eco Clear Bags, is made from plants, is compostable, and is certified by the Biodegradable Product Industry (BPI).
5. Cello: Cellophane is a thin, transparent sheet that has slightly less clarity and strength compared to PP bags, and is made of regenerated cellulose. It is Biodegradable, and BPI certified.