Tell us a little about your Company:
I’m a digital freelance illustrator based out of Fayetteville, NC. I illustrate and design, stickers, sticker sheets, postcards, art prints, buttons, and tee shirts for the soft-hearted and spoopy (YES, spoopy) souls. So, what on Earth does soft and spoopy mean? The Soft is basically about being in touch with you and your loved one’s feelings, and checking in on those feelings every now and then. The Spoopy is a spooky aesthetic with an adorable canon-ball of humor.
I started illustrating simply as a way to get away from my own negative thoughts; I have MDD, Major Depressive Disorder and it’s something I still struggle with most days. Mental illness awareness and body positivity are topics I am passionate and open about with my art. They’re my “soft-hearted” side and simply put, they’re a huge part of my foundation. The other part is strictly just who I am and my personal interests. l’m obsessed with true crime, cryptid creatures and the paranormal (as long as it’s on tv, NOT in real life). Seriously, I wont even go into a fake haunted house without breaking into a cold sweat! Which might explain why my creepy side of things always turns out, well, cute!
What makes your product unique?
What makes my work truly unique is that it’s more than just a product, my illustrations almost act as the ice breaker and open the floor for conversations about mental health awareness and self love. It’s always a surreal experience when I sit back and think about all the genuine conversations I’ve had with others, what we’ve learned about each other, all because of certain pieces of my art that resonate with them both online and at conventions.
How do you package your products and what ClearBags products do you use?
- (BACK18) 18” x 24” double sided white backing boards -convention display, separate different prints in the bins I have on display. Also used for extra protection when I mail my larger art prints.
- (H1215BK3) 12″ x 15″ Black Handle Bag 0.7 Mil HDPE- used at conventions
- (B4X6PC) 4 1/4″ x 6 1/8″ + Flap, Crystal Clear Protective Closure Bags: postcards
- (B4X6NFXL) 4 5/8″ x 6 1/2″ No Flap, Crystal Clear Bags: sticker sheets
- (B59PC) 5 15/16″ x 8 3/4″ + Flap, Crystal Clear Protective Closure Bags: small art prints
- (B811SPC) 8 3/4″ x 11 1/16″ + Flap, Crystal Clear Protective Closure Bags: large art prints
- (B4X6NFXL) 4 5/8″ x 6 1/2″ No Flap, Crystal Clear Bags: button sets, 2 count and 3 count.
Where do you sell your products?
I sell my products through my Etsy shop as well as:
- Comicon conventions in Northeast USA(Tidewater Comicon, Balticon, GalaxyCon),
- Artist walks in downtown Fayetteville, NC (4th Friday of every month)
- Pop-Up Raleigh events in Raleigh, NC.
- I also have some product sold at Halfmile Handmade in Bay City, MI.
- My next big convention is Cryptid Con September 7-8 in Lexington, KY.
How long have you been working with ClearBags and how does ClearBags help you
Since I first opened up my Etsy shop in November 2018. I started with big individual stickers and I knew I wanted to find a company that was affordable, had a large variety that would suit all of my different products, make my art pop in lifestyle photographs and also provide an extra layer of protection through the mail because let’s face it: tears happen, rain happens, etc.
ClearBags is the best quality bags I’ve received, at the lowest prices, their bags stay crisp and clear, whereas bags I had bought before I discovered ClearBags, have started to yellow and had to be thrown away. They have the largest variety of sizes for their clear bags; I always find a size that will work for a new product I’m planning to launch. ClearBags is my go-to site!
I use more than just their clear display sleeves for my shop, I also use their backing boards and cut them down to a desired size and use them in my display during conventions, it makes flipping through my prints easy and helps it stay organized! I also use their black handle bags for my conventions. It’s something you don’t realize you need, until you’re at a convention and you don’t have a big enough bag for your stuff!
What’s one piece of packaging advice would you give to other business owners?
Think of every package as if it were for someone you care about, even if it’s something small, because most of the time it’s not about what they get, it’s about how it makes them feel, and the packaging plays a big part in that, use it to your advantage.
How can people connect with you?